Choosing the right preschool for your child is a big decision with several important factors that help determine what is best for your family. Every family’s circumstances are different, and if you work more than a short car ride from work, you may need to decide whether to find a preschool near your job or your home.
Weighing the pros and cons of each option will help to determine how the preschool’s location fits into your list of factors. A long work commute can significantly alter the preschool experience for the whole family. Choosing a preschool near your home or your work will help determine morning and evening routines and responsibilities, and set the tone for your child’s preschool success.
Pros and Cons of Preschool Near Work
Selecting a preschool location near your work will have these:
- Commuting with your child every day will create a unique bonding time that you cannot get any other way. Your child will get used to the daily routine and feel what it is like to go to work.
- If you are running late or otherwise delayed at work, your child is close for pick up.
- You may even be able to take advantage of carpool lanes.
- A preschool near only one parent puts the complete responsibility for getting your child to and from falls on that one parent.
- It can cause logistical issues when you are not going to work or if you change jobs.
- Preschools near your job could be more expensive if you work in a city’s downtown or corporate area.
Pros and Cons of Preschool near Home
Selecting a preschool location near your home will have these:
- Easier to share drop off and pick up duties with a partner or other family members.
- Preschools in your area may be less expensive if you work downtown or in an industrial area.
- Offers options for pick up and drop off, such as walking, bike riding, or public transportation.
- You are away from your child more when you commute without them.
- It will take you longer to get to your child during the workday in the event of an illness or emergency.
- Unexpected delays at work can result in late pick-up and potential fees.
Making the Best Preschool Choice for Your Family
The decision regarding where to send your child to preschool rests the unique combination of needs and preferences for your family. After researching preschools and making some visits, when you see the right one, you will know.
Schedule a Visit
Whether we are close to your office or your home, Covenant Schools is a highly respected preschool Albuquerque parents regularly choose for the next step in their child’s schooling development. Schedule a visit at Covenant Schools today to see for yourself!