Encouraging Academic Success for Your Child
For years, Covenant Schools has successfully implemented a proven curriculum for academic success.
This engaging and educational curriculum taught by our child care professionals encompasses academic learning within Language Arts, Science, Arithmetic, Social Studies and Bible.
Our curriculum combined with Covenant Schools safe, secure and nurturing environment provides your child with an excellent foundation for future success.
Plus, our clean and modern facilities are second to none as we strive to continue in excellence.
TO PROVIDE AN EXCEPTIONAL EDUCATION IN A SAFE AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT
WHERE CHILDREN CAN GROW IN THE CHRISTIAN FAITH
Our Albuquerque and Rio Rancho Child Care Statement of Philosophy
Covenant Schools welcomes families into our Rio Rancho and Albuquerque child care programs without regard to race, religion or nationality. The age-appropriate programs of Covenant Schools arise from a common desire for excellence in meeting the needs of children and their families for nurturing growth and development, learning, relationships and understanding.
- That the home is the most important factor in a child’s development. We will always strive to support and complement the family in order to promote the healthy development of your child.
- That the dignity and the worth of each child and family is important.
- That loving, trusting and respecting each child makes the child capable of loving, trusting and respecting others.
- That children should have a positive image of how much God loves them.
- That it is important to meet each child’s needs for physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth.
- That the needs of children change as they grow; that programs must respond in content and structure by using the best techniques in child development.
- That children deserve a nurturing, safe and happy environment which promotes their God-given curiosity and desire to learn.
- That children deserve to have teachers who are capable and caring and whose values enable them to be excellent role models.
Our philosophy of early childhood education shapes everything we do at Covenant Schools. We know your child is the most precious part of your life and we promise to make sure they’re safe, learning and loved while you’re away.
The leadership of Covenant Schools is committed to seeking God’s will in providing an exceptional education. Covenant Schools has many employees that have been with the schools since they were opened.
Our day care has little turn over in staff because it provides employees with a higher average wage, health insurances, educational reimbursement assistance and much more.
From baby care to preschool and beyond, Covenant Schools often has a waiting list, because parents who are highly satisfied with their child’s care and education refer family and friends to Covenant.
Our teachers must not only meet strict state licensing requirements for New Mexico daycares, but also our own rigorous demands for providing quality care and education to preschool-aged children.
In addition to completing the state-required 45 hour child development class, our day care teachers undergo an additional 35 hours of professional development and training every year (which exceed the CYFD requirement of 24 hours), are certified in Infant and Pediatric CPR and First Aid and must pass a thorough background check, pre-employment drug test and random drug tests throughout the year.
Many of our teachers also complete the Mind in the Making: The Science of Child Development course, a Certification of Preschool Education , an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education.